How 5G Will Impact Mobile App Development In 2020?
Recently at Reliance Jio’s annual meeting its Chairman, Mr Mukesh Ambani announced that they have developed a mobile internet software technology in India, and dedicated to our PMs vision of Atamnirbahar Bharat. 5G mobile internet services will be launched soon in India. Since the inception of the internet, we have moved from one version to other version and the latest excitement to invade our lives is 5G.
The digital world is very much excited about 5G as there is no denying that 5G will significantly uplift our ways of living. It is being seen as a catalyst for a new industrial revolution. In the near future, there is going to be a lot of disruption in the industrial world, as it has great potential to create a number of new business opportunities.
The one filed that is going to get the most impact of 5G mobile technology is mobile app development- and this is beyond one’s imagination. If you are a follower of mobile app development technology, or you are in the field to app development this blog is the right place where you can enrich your knowledge about the impact of 5G mobile technology on the app development business.
A Glance at the 5G Mobile Technology
The 5G mobile technology is not a modification of the 4G technology but it is entirely a new development in the field of communication architecture that is going to enhance the services in the field of mobile internet for users from all walks of life. There is going to be a revolutionary change in the app development and app users are going to get new experiences which they never have in the past.
5G mobile technology will be game-changer in mobile internet speed. Many countries in the world like China, South Korea the US besides India are rapidly moving into the field of 5G mobile internet adoption.
With 5G mobile internet technology Banks, tech-firms, Financial institutions, health care services and other data-intensive organizations will reap the benefits from the high speed it is going to provide. The companies can have the benefits to access the enormous amount of data available at very high and faster speeds for their organizations.
Major features of 5G
The major demand of mobile internet users is fast connectivity, greater accessibility with convenience and high speed among others. The presently available 4G offers all the above conveniences but the users still feel that speed is not up to the mark and they want something which is even better in terms of speed and features and they want to move with instantaneous communication and seamless online experience. 5G offers more speed and seamless connectivity to users. Here are some of the salient features of 5G and its effects on the app development in the coming years.
- Faster Speed Assured: 5G technology aims to provide smooth and fast cellular connectivity. It promises to provide 100 times faster speed than 4G wireless technology. In 5G the rate at which data will be transfer will take place will range from 50 Mbit/s to over 2Gbit/s. This will provide a lightning-fast download of data at all times.
- Latency Rate to be Very Low: The latency rate in 4G is about 50 milliseconds, but this is going to improve more and 5G the rate will be just about one millisecond. This will help in data transfer between the devices in a real-time without any hindrance. With very low latency there will be less network interference and delays, mobile apps performance will improve tremendously, and this will provide a greater users experience.
- Enhanced Connectivity possible:With 5G, the service providers will be able to provide more uninterrupted connectivity to a large number of users as with 5G speed network congestion will be a thing of past. Service providers can add more users to their network without any connectivity problems. Moreover, the user’s industries are also likely to scale up their operations by adding more customers to their business and full fill their business goals more easily.
- High connection density possible: 4G has a limitation of providing a connection to about 2000 devices within an area of 0.38 square mile. But there is no such limitation in 5G and millions of devices can be connected at with a short area. Thus with greater speed and connectivity, along -with low power usage latency 5G will open a flood gate of new areas for the app developers. With 5G they can integrate their apps with IoT and AI in a better way so as the user’s experience is raised to a greater level.
- Increased Spectrum bandwidth: With 5G the data transmission will not be limited to a certain number of the spectrum but 5G will include all previous cellular spectrum. It will be possible to provide better connectivity to users. The 5G will operate on a higher range of radio frequencies( in 30 GHz to 300 GHz range) and also in shorter wavelength on which the present 4G works. With this increased bandwidth 5G can support better precision capabilities and improved responsiveness. With 5G it will be possible to provide all high precision GPS enabled services to industry and general consumers.
How App development will change with 5G?
The 5G service in the country will be available in the very near future. The Mobile app development company have a great opportunity to use this 5G technology in their future app development jobs. For this, they will have to keep in mind the great features of 5G and incorporate these features into their present and future apps. Below are a few ways how the widespread use of 5G will impact the future app development trends in future.
- Video Apps to become more superior:The 5G incorporated video app will promise higher resolution, decreased latency with faster speed and smoother performance. This will make future video apps more superior, far greater than the presently available UltraHD 360 degree live-streaming apps. So 5G will bring more superiority in the field of video streaming apps in future.
- Enhanced AR and VR apps possible: The AR and VR techniques use in mobile apps development has just started and it is in a very nascent stage. But with 5G app users can experience a better online experience with the use of AR and VR techniques. With increased operational speeds and zero latency mobile apps integrated with enhancing AR and VR, technologies can be possible. Now developers can develop special-purpose apps for the benefits of factories, homes and schools incorporating AR and VR techniques.
- Implementation of 3D technology:5G technology with improved overall system capabilities will make it possible for the app developers to incorporate 3D technology in their apps combined 3D printing to develop a 3D model for a multiple of sectors including health-care, education, and construction etc.
- Greater IoT incorporation in apps: The user of the internet is has a desire that all his devices like a smartwatch, a smart TV or an integrated security system be conveniently connected with each other as we live in a world infused with IoT. 5G will take all this to the next higher level. Now we can expect smart home and cities in future. We can now have apps with enhanced incorporation of IoT at a step ahead of the present Alexa, Siri and Google Home.
- More accurate and GPS enabled apps: Better coverage and connectivity is possible because 5G uses a higher radio and short-wavelength frequencies. The result obtained is very precise and highly accurate and this is the essential feature for GPS enabled mobile apps. There is going to be a vast improvement in GPS enabled mobile apps with 5G as it provides high speeds, improved connectivity and uninterrupted communication.
- Larger file transfer with faster speeds possible:5G provides a high-speed transfer of larger files. This will enable Custom Mobile app development company call +1(408)372-0967 to focus on the increasing productivity and improving users experience with their apps. Large enterprises will be able to utilize their large volume of data more effectively to improve their business prospects.
- Users experience to get a great boost:5G technology can significantly improve the performance and responsiveness of apps. The significant changes in the user interface can be possible with 5G as it provides better connectivity, decreased load time, and visual clarity. 5G will provide a greater opportunity to app developers to significantly enhance app functionalities and boost users experience. More app downloads and the fewer app delete can take place in the long run with a better appearance of an app.
- Less dependence on Hardware: It is possible to place app data on the cloud and consumer can access it and run apps without installing them in their devices, This will free up more storage space in devices for other jobs. So devices will no longer need hardware with greater storage space and hardware limitations will no longer influence the app performance.
- Lower the use of battery power will enhance battery life: Since all the downloads and uploads in 5G are done on very high-speed battery power consumption will be quite less. This will enhance the battery life and also allow the user to interact with apps for a longer period of time.
- Enhanced technology integration: 5G will enable developers to integrate various technologies into their apps effectively. Now developers can foresee a more human-machine interaction as well as machine-machine interactions.
Conclusion: 5G technology creation is done to provide an ultimate solution to cellular connectivity. As the data available about its usefulness is quite small, we can expect as its implementation will increase the digital world will experience a boom time especially in the area of mobile app development. However since the mobile devices at present are suitable to work on the 4G network, users will need to replace their devices with more expensive 5G enabled ones. This is likely to slow down the pace of its adoption in the shorter run but in the long run, things look very bright. So there is an immense potential for the Mobile app developers in the long run and now they hope to provide their users with a more refined UI and UX. The other apprehension is that the 5G service will be more expensive and less number of people will adopt this. But as we know the people are more tech-savvy, this apprehension holds little water.