How We Can Improve The Performance Of a React Native App?
These days React Native App development for a business is hot on the charts. But every React Native app is not fully perfect in itself due to some developmental problems at the app developer end. In a report by Google it is reflected that about 53% of visitors leave website or app that takes more than 3 seconds to load. This causes loss of potential clients for the business.
Developing an React Native App though is not as challenging job as keeping up with the app performance. In this post we will discuss the ways how we can improve upon the performance of your React Native business app, and the problems faced by the app development company/website developer.
React Native App working process
* The Shadow tree thread
* The UI thread
* The Native thread
Major Issues with React Native App
The developers of React Native app are reporting lots of errors and issues in app development if we scan the React Native GitHub page. These issues are either implemental or inherent. The following are the major issues that slow down the app performance.
- Issues relating to Memory:One of the major issues is the memory leaks. Particularly with Android app built with React Native process due to many unnecessary background processes. These leaks can be found using X Code and using Android Studio. The best way to solve memory leak problem is by utilizing scrolling lists like Section List, Flat List, or Visualized List instead of List view. Additionally, the scrolling list helps to make the infinite scrolling pagination smooth.
- Problems with Image Size:In React Native apps images contribute immensely to high memory usage. For improving app performance the image optimization is very critical.
To solve the high memory usage problem due to images following steps should be taken
- A) Reduce the sizes of the images used: By optimizing the images you can optimize the app performance. Images can be optimized through optimizing image resolution, image size and format. By using GZip compression technique for SVG images , by removing image metadata, resizing images as per right screen size, and using few number of images.
- B) By converting your images to Web P format: Image loading size can be reduced by 23% if we use Web P format as this format helps reduce the Code Push handle size by 66%. Additionally, this can reduce the Android and iOS binary size. The Navigator transitions are a lot smoother and the React Native threads a lot faster if you use them.
- C) Through use of PNG format than JPG format:Where the app’s color palette is less than 256 colors like for animations or comics GIF images should be used. Where image scalability is required , the SVG format can be preferred. To offer best performance of app you should play around with image formats and resolutions.
- D) Through Local Image Caching: Local Image caching feature that is available on iOS helps in caching app images on phone memory and helps load images faster. This can be deployed in the app. For Android, you can use some npm libraries to solve the image caching issues. But there is one issue with both don’t offer the best performance.
- By Unnecessary Renders:You can prevent passing too much work to the Reconcile, which my result in the dropping of the thread’s FPS by carefully implement the diff state, life cycle and props. With use of ‘Should Comportment’ life cycle method Boolean you solve this problem. Moreover prefer creating a small numbers of components.
- Very Large App Sizes: Application size is affected as most of developers use external libraries. Reducing the application’s size is all about resource optimization and for this you can use Pro Guard as it helps you to create different application sizes for devices on a different architecture. Further do not forget to compress graphical elements such as images.
- By Frozen UI in React Native:The problem is caused when the frozen user interface occurs during a long operation on the main thread , which blocks the UI treads from rendering and this gets worsens when rendering large files, customization animations, raw JSON and map data is there in app. You can fix this problem of frozen UI issue, by avoiding object Finalizes and avoid running heavy objects on the main thread of app.
- Using Multi threading in the app:The React Native does not support multi threading, which means that you cannot run several services at the same time. Only one component is working in one time and other should have to wait a while the first component is being rendered. To Solve this problem of multi threading in your app you should use a technology that supports multi threading.
- By Device Orientation: This problem of device orientation is observed in React Native app and app crash once the screen orientation changes. This results in the loss of users, particularly video and gaming enthusiasts. To solve this your application should listen to the app’s root view.
Other options available with you to Optimize Your React Native App
- The first option is through use of Pure Components whose return value is determined by its input and the return value is always the same for the same input values in React Native.
The app re-render in components only when the props changes. In components that are not Pure Component, the should components update life-cycle method and cancel unnecessary re-renders and returns false in certain scenarios.
- The second option is through using the Native Driver Animation. The animation library of React Native allows the use of the native drivers and to send animations across the bridge to native side before the animation starts.This make possible the creation of React Native animations and make them good looking also.
To conclude we can say that React presents an amazing opportunity to both the mobile app development company in Canada Call +1(408)372-0967 and the mobile app developers to present a amazing app with fewer breakdowns and faster loads. It makes easier for the developer to write your app code in one language for developing an application for both Android and iOS Platform. By adhering to the suggestions you can make your React Native app more faster and vibrant thus achieving your app development goals .
IMAD is a leading app development company in Canada developing apps for Android and iOS platforms. Our company employs a team of professional app developers developing application for various mobile platforms. Moreover we have developed apps and software solutions with latest technologies for diversified business fields like Car rentals, Music streaming apps etc. Assistance is not only provided in developing your business mobile app and website but also to manage your apps back-end operations also. We provide excellent app hosting facilities and also undertake post app maintenance services so that you face no problems in smooth running of your app once it is launched. If you have an idea for your start-up business or your running business and want to get started soon with business mobile app, you can contact us by calling on our mobile +1(408)372-0967.